Living with Weims can go either way. They can make your life hell, or add such joy and humor to your life, you’ll never be without one again. For me, my first Weimaraner Riley took over my life, and I’m now a die-hard “Weim person.” You can see more about me at Touchstone Weimaraners.
JustWeimaraners launched in 2010 as a place to share my experiences with Weimaraners. My love of this very special breed and mission to educate is what prompted me to create a site for all Weim owners, owners-to-be, rescuers, breeders, competitors, and couch- and bed-sharers.
So if you’re a fan of these gorgeous and too-smart-for-their-own-good dogs, you’ve found the right place!
Thanks for stopping by!
— Anne Taguchi
PS – If you are new here, here are some of our favorite and most popular articles:
- Smart Bumps, Harrasburg Horns and Other Weimaraner Peculiarities – And you thought Weims were just short coated gray dogs!
- Yes, Weims DO Shed – Yep, they shed too!
- How Big Will My Weim Get? – Do you have new Weim pup? Let’s take a guess at how big he will get!
- How to Make Dog Food for Your Weim – I am a big fan of raw and home cooked dog food, but I know it can be intimidating. This is a how-to guide that can get you started.
- Starting a Weim Pup in the Field – This article was originally written for the WCA, updated and republished here, and then re-published yet again on the WCA website.
- How I Trained my Weim to Counter-Surf – Oops.
- My Home Remedies and First Aid Kit Lists