Living with Weims can go either way. They can make your life hell, or add such joy and humor to your life, you’ll never be without one again. For me, my first Weimaraner Riley took over my life, and somehow I ended up being a “Weim person.”
I currently live in southern California with my Weims where I enjoy their nutty behavior, mischievous smarts, and loving licks. You’ll usually find me out and about with my dogs, if not, you’ll probably find me behind the computer. You can see more about me here.
There are many wonderful and knowledgeable contributors to this site, but my main partner in crime is Meredith Wadsworth. Meredith currently lives in southwestern Virginia and is an avid hunter and outdoors woman and also enjoys field trialing and any kind of trouble she and her Weims can get into.
JustWeimaraners launched in 2010 as a place to share our experiences with Weimaraners. My love of this very special breed and mission to educate is what prompted me to create a site for all Weim owners, owners-to-be, rescuers, breeders, competitors, and couch- and-bed sharers. So if you’re a fan of these gorgeous and too-smart-for-their-own-good dogs, you’ve found the right place!
— Anne Taguchi
PS – If you are new here, here are some of our favorite and most popular articles:
- Smart Bumps, Harrasburg Horns and Other Weimaraner Peculiarities – And you thought Weims were just short coated gray dogs!
- Yes, Weims DO Shed – Yep, they shed too!
- Weim Toy Guide – This was written for the holidays, but it works for any time. These toys have been pre-vetted and are Weim proof!
- Swimming: A Primer for Weims – Your Weim will swim after you have all these tools under your belt!
- Starting a Weim Pup in the Field – This article was originally written for the WCA, updated and republished here, and then re-published yet again on the WCA website.
- How I Trained my Weim to Counter-Surf – Oops.
- MORE in the sidebar!